The principal aims of the Association are to:
The School took an increasing interest in its former pupils from a very early stage. For instance, there is recorded reference to the Old Boys Race at the 1907 Annual Sports event and in 1912 official records show that "the annual school outing returned to Holgate’s Farm at Seaview when a very pleasant feature was the presence of a number of Old Pupils who took the opportunity of keeping up their connection with the School". Furthermore, two social evenings were held in 1912.
But after the First World War the comradeship between the Old Boys and the School (underlined by the success of the War Memorial Appeal – see Roll of Honour) led to a more formal organisation than had existed pre War. At a Christmas Reunion, held in 1919, those present unanimously requested the formation of an Association and an inaugural General Meeting was held in January 1920. The aims were to further the interests of the School and the promotion of good fellowship amongst those who had left while encouraging their social and educational advancement. The first Chairman was Mr Waite, the first Secretary Mr H. Levers and the first Treasurer, Mr Hore.
The first Annual Dinner was held at Goodies Cafe on March 1st 1923 although the name Old Secundrians was not adopted until 1929.
The Association is run by a small honorary Committee. It currently comprises:
- Martyn Robinson, Chairman
- Clive Williams Hon Secretary/Treasurer
- John Shaw
- Bob Hawthorne
- Chris Vincent
- Ken Hales